Nautical “Ocean Waves” DIY Pocket Invitation
Posted on June 7, 2017
If you’re getting married by the deep blue sea or planning a nautical wedding, this invitation recipe is for you. We used a combination of cool blues and rustic Straw Kraft, along with wave and whale motif to create this easy DIY nautical pocket invitation. It features one of our free invitation templates, and is perfect for a beachy summer or destination wedding, and/or lovers of adorable sea creatures. 🐋 🌊
- Free Pocket Invitation Template – “Ocean Waves”
- Printed Signature Pocket Set – ($1.68 each)
- DYO Laser Pocket, “Wave” in Imperial Blue – ($.97 each)
- 4.75 x 6.75 Invitation Mat in Straw Kraft – ($.22 each)
- A7 Euro Graphic Envelope Liner, “Ocean Waves” on White – ($.65 each)
- A7 Euro Envelope in Straw Kraft – ($.23 each)
- RSVP Euro Envelope in Straw Kraft – ($.17 each)
- Standard A7 Belly Band in Straw Kraft – ($6.95 for 50 pk // $.14 each)
DIY this suite for $4.06 per Invitation
(*You can also order pre-cut inserts and print yourself at home.)
Shop This Post
To assemble, center and mount the invitation card to the invitation mat using Zip Dry Glue or another adhesive, then mount the invitation and mat to the center panel of the pocket.
Tuck the RSVP card under the flap of the RSVP envelope, stack and straighten your inserts, and neatly place them in the pocket on the right.
To line your envelope, place a line of adhesive (Zip Dry Glue or use a tape dispenser) just along the flap of the envelope liner and carefully slide in the envelope. Press down firmly to secure once in place. Fold up your pocket, secure with a belly band, and slide into your pre-addressed envelope. We recommend sealing with an envelope moistener with adhesive for a secure seal.
See more on how to assemble a basic pocket invitation here.
Switch any of the colors to make this suite completely your own (there are over 80 to choose from), wrap with twine or string, or add a coordinating monogram to personalize and embellish.
Save on Pinterest for later: